Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chondromalacia - Cause of Anterior Knee Pain in Middle Aged Women


According to the University of Virginia Health System:
Arthritis: Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis that affects the knee. Osteoarthritis is a degenerative process where the cartilage in the joint gradually wears away, and often affects middle-age and older people. Osteoarthritis may be caused by excess stress on the joint such as repeated injury or being overweight.
Rheumatoid arthritis can also affect the knees by causing the joint to become inflamed and by destroying the knee cartilage. Rheumatoid arthritis often affects persons at an earlier age than osteoarthritis.
After walking for 6 hours a day, five or six days a week for twenty years, tearing my patellar tendon, having surgery for that and just seeing the years fly by like we all do, this is where I found myself. Knees that were bone on bone, my right kneecap 1/3 worn off, hurting all day and night if I wasn't taking some kind of pain killer every four or five hours.
What do you do? Just keep going and taking pills until the knees finally totally wear out and you either go sit in a chair or get knee replacement. At least that is what I thought and is what I planned to do.
Until. Until a friend shared something with me that I thought was nuts. "Sure Steve, that will work!" (sarcastically) But, what did I have to lose? Nothing but knee pain, so I tried it. He was right and I was wrong, did it ever work! To the tune of pain free with the same knees and feeling at sixty like I did in my twenties, NO PAIN! Amazing, yet true.
I would enjoy helping you achieve this same level of feeling good without prescription meds or pain killers of any kind. Get in touch and let's get you started too.
Doug Sandquist is a mail carrier in Omaha who has dealt with knee pain and surgery for many years. Having found a way to be PAIN FREE WITH MY REAL KNEES I want to help others reach that same level of healing. Isn't it time for you to start on the road to less pain?

No comments: